INMACULADA

Hochschild's flagship operation

Inmaculada is a 20,000 hectare gold and silver underground mine

Inmaculada consists of 40 mining concessions and is located in the Ayacucho Department in southern Peru.

Inmaculada is 112 kilometres from the Pallancata operation and was originally owned in a joint venture in which the Group held a 60% controlling stake, with the remaining 40% held by IMZ. After completion of the acquisition of IMZ in December 2013, the Inmaculada mine is 100% owned directly by Hochschild.

KEY STATS

100%

Ownership

Gold

Primary Metal

252koz Au Eq

2021 Production

1,177koz Au Eq

Proved and Probable Reserves

1,652koz Au Eq

Measured & Indicated Resources

1,533koz Au Eq

Inferred Resources

Inmaculada is Hochschild's key asset

Commissioned in 2015, the property consists of forty mining concessions and is characterised by both low and high sulphidation epithermal mineralised systems, hosted by veins, breccias and disseminations within tertiary volcanic. We have found an additional 3 million gold equivalent ounces since operations commenced and there remains strong geological upside.

The original 2012 feasibility study was based on resources of the main Angela vein, accessed through a ramp starting from a portal located at an elevation of approximately 4,400 metres ASL. A primary crusher plant is situated close to the portal with a conveyor belt 1.5km in length, transporting ore to the plant and a waste dump located one km to the south. The mining methods employed are sub-level stoping, utilising long-hole drilling and paste backfill as well as cut-and-fill utilising horizontal drilling.

Integrated map of Hochschild Operations and Projects in Peru

Integrated map of Hochschild Operations and Projects in Peru
Key mine statistics 2021   2020   2019   2018   2017   2016   2015  
Ore production (tonnes) 1,349,892 948,937 1,338,569 1,323,525 1,295,701 1,306,606 659,637
Average silver grade (g/t) 174 154 163 150 145 133 115
Average gold grade (g/t) 4.05 4.33 4.71 4.36 4.15 4.21 4.36
Silver produced (koz) 6,236 4,034 5,747 5,690 5,506 4,908 2,055
Gold produced (koz) 165.73 129.17 189.18 174.2 165.07 162.71 84.64
Silver equivalent produced (koz) 20,488 15,143 21,070 18,581 17,721 16,948 8,318
Silver sold (koz) 6,216 4,020 5,732 5,676 5,498 5,004 1,638
Gold sold (koz) 165.86 129.7 188.59 172.4 162.32 164.75 67.51
Resources (attrib. Moz Ag Eq) 229.2 220.3 233.8 212.7 126.4 143.8 138.7
Capacity (tpd) 3,500 3,500 3,500 3,500 3,500 3,500 3,500